Get Ready For Some Serious Fun.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY:
- Four or more people
- 20-30 random items that are safe to step on and okay to get dirty/wet
- One blindfold for every two people who are playing
HOW TO PLAY:
Teams of two try to make it through the minefield without stepping on a mine!
1) Identify two end lines for your minefield (think end zones on a football field).
2) Spread all of your random items onto the field.
3) Get into teams of 2: one person is "the Walker" and the other person is "the Teller." The Walker stands on one side of the minefield and puts on their blindfold. The Teller goes all the way to the other end of the minefield.
4) On “Go!” the Teller begins telling the Walker where to go. The Walker follows their Teller’s directions, attempting to join them on the other side of the minefield. If you step on a mine, you have to go back to the start.
The quickest team to complete the minefield wins!
For older players, it’s fun to limit the Teller to only words that begin with a certain letter or only words that are related to food, sports, or another category.
It’s also very helpful to have a safety referee keeping an eye out for the Walkers, making sure they don’t bump into anything, and making sure they start over if they step on a mine.